OWASP is soliciting training providers for the AppSecEU 2013 conference.
The following conditions apply for those that want to provide training at the OWASP AppSec this year:
The training provider
- should provide class syllabus / training materials.
- provider will cover travel and accommodations for the instructor(s) and all course materials for students.
- can brand training materials to increase their exposure
All trainers will be required to submit a Training Instructor Agreement.
OWASP will provide the venue, marketing, registration logistics, basic wireless internet access. If you need additional technical arrangements, it is important to let us know. Also we like to get your idea about the maximal numbers of participants which you like in your training. OWASP can apply cut offs too.
OWASP will reserve up to two training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost.
Please note that for data privacy reasons OWASP can’t provide trainers with contact information of the attendees.
Spoken and written language is English.
Split of Revenue
Price per attendee: 2-Day Class €1400 / 1-Day Class €750 . Earnings will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
- Deadline for proposals: March 29, 2013
- Notification to training providers: by April 5, 2013, ~ + 1 week
- Posted on web site: by April 12, 2013 ~ + 1 week
- Training: August 20-21, 2013
To submit a proposal, please submit online (see below) an abstract of your intended training (500 to 1000 chararters) and a brief biography (400 to 1000 characters) which also should outline your instructor experience.
Every proposal submitted is subject to a democratic vote by the program committee (pc) below. Keep in mind: The better your description the better our picture (do not count on “fail open”). Please watch out for any mistakes as after approval by the pc we take your abstract and publish it 1:1 in our program.
Visit this URL to submit your training proposal for the August 20-21, 2013 training days in Hamburg, Germany.
- To enclose a signed copy of the Training Instructor Agreement
- to list any additional technical requirements if needed
- to propose your max number of participants.
The topics are the same as those mentioned in the regular Call for Presentations. The trainings however should be more of a practical nature, i.e. we will look favorably on a hands-on training.
Your submission is subject to approval by a small core team of the program committee:
- Sebastien Deleersnyder, OWASP Belgium
- Boris Hemkemeier, OWASP Germany
- Achim Hoffmann, OWASP Germany
- Martin Johns, SAP Research
- Jim Manico, OWASP USA (not voting)
- Sebastian Schinzel, Münster University of Applied Sciences
- Dirk Wetter, OWASP Germany
Please note that there are two related invitations to submit a proposal for this conference: