OWASP AppSec Research 2013 invites to the University Challenge! The University Challenge is a competition among teams comprised of university students that will be held on August 20-21 during the training days of the conference. There is no admission fee for the University Challenge – participation in the conference is possible for student rate if applicable. During the University Challenge teams will defend a vulnerable web application while solving Capture The Flag type challenges.
This year the OWASP University Challenge will be limited to 8 teams. Teams will consist of 4-8 students, with one team per university. All team openings are on a first come first serve basis. If multiple teams are received from the same university the second team will be put on a wait list.
All team members must be registered. Registration for the University Challenge event is free. Food and beverages will be provided during the challenge and all participants will get an OWASP University Challenge t-shirt. Of course, the first three winning teams will get some awesome presents (to be announced).
The participation is for free.
In addition to a regular registration, please send an e-mail to Martin Knobloch using “University Challenge” as a subject and including the following information:
- Name of Team
- Professor name (and e-mail)
- Team Leader (and e-mail)
- Team Members (and e-mails)
Each team member will need:
- Your own notebook capable of running the following:
- Kali Linux (CD-Rom or USB stick version – Download Kali Linux)
- VirtualBox Player (Download VirtualBox)
- VMWare Player (Download VMWare Player)
- FTP Client (Download Filezilla)
- SSH Client (for Windows Download Putty)
- Wireshark (Download Wireshark)
- Nmap (Download Nmap)
- Firefox (Download Firefox)
- Firefox Add-ons: FoxyProxy, Cookie Editor, HackBar, Web Developer Toolbar, QuickJava, Tamper Data, Live HTTP Headers
- OWASP ZAP (Download ZAP)
- Cryptool (Download Cryptool)
- Your own testing tools
We look forward to seeing you at the OWASP AppSec Research 2013 University Challenge!