2013 Chapters Workshop to be held at the Hotel Scandic in Hamburg on
Tuesday evening, August 20th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm Wednesday afternoon, August 21st from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.
The chapter workshop will be a great learning opportunity for chapter leaders that have much experience as well as those who are new to their positions, or event looking to become a chapter leader in the future. In a style similar to the workshops held in the US, Latam, and AsiaPac over the past year, the Chapter Workshop at AppSec Research this year will be an interactive opportunity for lively discussion of the guidelines and recommendations for chapter leaders as contained in the Chapter Leader’s Handbook. Additionally, we will look at what may be missing from the Chapter Leader Handbook and should be included or changed for the next version.
If you are interested in participating in either of these workshops, please register for the Conference and select the optional session “chapter leader’s workshop” as part of the registration process. Remember that conference attendance is free for current chapter and project leaders.
Sponsorship to Attend the Chapters Workshop
If you need financial assistance to attend the Chapter Leader Workshops please submit a request to via the Contact Us Form http://owasp4.owasp.org/contactus.html by the application deadline for each of the events.
- July 15th – AppSec Research Chapters workshop sponsorship applications due
- July 17th – Applicants notified of status
Additional Information for Applicants:
- Priority of sponsorships will be given to those not covered by a sponsorship to attend a previous workshop. Additionally, we are looking for new or struggling chapter leaders who need assistance kick starting their chapter.
- When you apply for funding, please let us know *why we should sponsor you*. While we prefer that chapter leaders use their own chapter’s funds before requesting a sponsorship, this is not a requirement for application.
- If your chapter has fund but will not be using them to sponsor your attendance, please include why you will not be using the funds for this purpose (i.e. what are the other plans for those funds?).
If any questions, please contact us at: http://owasp4.owasp.org/contactus.html